Le Château de Gramont
The magnificent Gramont castle, a listed Historical Monument, has been consolidated after years of restoration work. The lords of Gramont built Bidache castle between the 14th and 15th century on a rocky outcrop overlooking the Bidouze river.
The castle was burned down in 1523 by Charles Qunt's armies. However, the lords of Gramont rebuilt the castle by preserving its surviving medieval elements. They crafted a luxurious castle embellished until the 18th century. A second fire in 1796 let the castle imposing remains.
Today, it opens its doors to reveal itself in all its beauty. A unique panorama of the Bidouze valley and the backdrop of the Pyrenees awaits you at the top of the 15th century dungeon.
Discover a continuous exhibition in the dungeon; guided tours departing from the Tourism Office; In summer, night tours with torches and equestrian exhibitions. Free grassy esplanade.
- From 1 April 2021 To 31 October 2021
- From 1 October 2021 To 22 October 2021
- From 23 October 2021 To 8 November 2021
- from 2,50 € to 4,00€.
- ( 2,50 € ; 13-18 ans, étudiants, PMR, demandeurs d’emploi, groupes (à partir 15 pers)
4,00 € ; Visites nocturnes : Les 6-18 ans, PMR, étudiants, chômeurs, groupes)
- 3,00 €.
- (groupes adultes (à partir de 15 personnes payantes) et passeports)
- Payment cards
- Chèques Vacances
- Cheques and postal orders
- Bank transfers
- Ticket restaurant.
- Individual visits - average duration of the visit : 45
- Group visits - average length of visit : 95
- Information on visits : Animaux acceptés en laisse
- Link (s) to Virtual Tour : http://static.zooomez.fr/medias/camp/cdt64/chateau-bidache
- Guided tours
- In the village
- In the country
- Accessible on foot from the tourist office
- Registered monuments and sites
- Historic site and monument