Aquarium de Biarritz
In the center of Biarritz, opposite the Rocher de la Vierge, the Biarritz Aquarium, in the Art-Déco building, invites you to discover 50 aquariums. The visit begins in front of the basins of the Bay of Biscay to discover the species of the Atlantic coast.
After the cetacean gallery and the history of fishing in the Basque Country, you enter the turtle cave for a face to face meeting. surprising with Alice the loggerhead turtle!
Stop in front of the seal pool, the darlings of the Aquarium! The seal meal is a highlight of the visit. Every day at 10:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Then find the mangrove and an 11m long coral reef with colorful fish!
Finally take the time to admire the residents of the giant aquarium of 1.5 million liters of water where 7 species of sharks, fish, rays and the Napoleon fish evolve. A mind-blowing show.
Accès : - Aéroport/aérodrome Aéroport Biarritz Pays Basque : 4,5Km
- Gare ferroviaire Gare SNCF Biarritz : 4,2Km
- Autoroute Sortie 4 : Biarritz - Bidart : 6,5Km
- Autoroute Sortie 5 : Bayonne Sud : 9,2Km
- Autoroute Sortie 5.1 : Bayonne Centre : 14,2Km
- Individual visits - average duration of the visit : 90
- Group visits - average length of visit : 90
- Information on visits : La visite est libre. Visites guidées sur réservation.
- Link (s) to Virtual Tour : http://static.zooomez.fr/medias/camp/cdt64/biarritz-aquarium
- Unaccompanied tours
- Guided tour by appointment only
- Near a motorway
- In town
- Accessible on foot from the tourist office
- Near an airport
- By the seaside
- Close to the beach
- In the town centre
- Workshop for children
- Temporary exhibitions
- Specific themed events